• Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl, then set aside.
•Add the juice of 1 lemon to a bowl with 1 cup of almond milk and let sit for a few minute.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract. Then add the flax egg, almond milk and lemon mixture, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until batter is smooth and free of any clumps.
• Add the blueberries into the batter,
• Pour the batter into 12 greased muffin tins, allowing space for the muffin to rise.
• Place muffins in oven and bake for 30, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• After you remove the muffins from the oven leave for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
• You can store in an airtight container for up to a week
Although a sociologist at heart, Nadine finds her love in nutrition, her passion in Pilates and her purpose in writing. Nadine is a Specialist in Fitness Nutrition and a Pilates-instructor in the making. She is also the founder of health blog, Nourished by Nadine (@nourishedbyn) where she shares her own recipes, as well as health tips.