10 Golden Finds From Your Local 3attar for Inside and Out Beauty
If avocados, quinoa, and chia seeds are the only things that come to mind when you hear the word superfoods, then you’re in for a surprise! Some of the healthiest foods are at the store right around the corner and most of them are probably stocked in your kitchen cabinets. Some of them are probably things you already use while cooking or in your tea, if not, then head over to your 3attar and get them because these superfoods and their endless health benefits need to be a staple in your home.
- Coconut Oil
Unrefined coconut oil is one of the most versatile types of oils you can find at your local 3attar. From cooking to hair care, it’s uses are literally endless, try to look for brands that are labeled “cold pressed” or “raw” as they tend to be unrefined and will give you best results. Coconut oil can be used for
- Cooking – Coconut oil is a healthier alternative to most oils.
- Face and body moisturizer – When used on skin, coconut oil is one of the best natural moisturizers.
- Helps promote healthy hair
- Facial Wash
Spirulina is a natural algae and is usually found in its powder form. A single tablespoon of powdered spirulina powder has 4 grams of protein as well as antioxidants, vitamins B1, B2 and B3 and many other nutrients our bodies need.
- 1 tablespoon of spirulina a day can help reduce blood pressure in healthy individuals
- Spirulina helps control blood sugar, as it can aid in lowering blood sugar levels.
- To include in your diet, you can add spirulina to your daily juice, smoothie, oatmeal or simply mix with mater.
(Can be found at Imtenan Health Shop)
- Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet Almond oil contains proteins, potassium, vitamin E and other minerals and vitamins that makes it wonder oil for the hair and skin. Almond oil is a mild, hypoallergenic oil, meaning it is very safe to use and can be even be used on babies.
- Softens Skin
- Helps remove accumulated dirt from the pores, preventing blackheads and acne.
- Reduce dark circles under your eyes. Apply almond oil under your eyes every night before going to bed for two weeks to help rid of dark circles.
- Treats bodily rashes and chaffed skin.
- Treat weak nails. Use almond oil regularly on your nails to prevent them from easily chipping off and becoming thin.
Turmeric is known for its numerous healing and many benefits, due to its healing compound curcumin.
- Helps with arthritis – Curcumin is has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps with Depression – A study, by Phytotherapy
Research, found that curcumin was as effective as a well-known anti-depressant in managing depression.
- Diabetes management – Turmeric is known as a natural treatment for lowering blood sugar and helping reverse insulin resistance.
- Gastrointestinal treatments –Due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin’s can help reduce inflammatory bowel disease, such as Irritable Bowl Syndrome and Crohn’s disease.
- Turmeric can be added to eggs, rice, greens, soups, smoothies or made into tea!
- Ginger powder
Probably the healthiest spice in existence, you can find ginger in its powder form at your local 3attar.
- Ginger contains many nutrients that are beneficial for the body and the brain
- Reduce nausea
- Ginger can also be used to reduce muscle pains from exercising and overworking muscles.
- Helps with digestion – Ginger can help speed up the emptying of the stomach in people with digestion problems.
- Reduce menstrual pain – A favorite to most women at that time of month, ginger helps dramatically reduce menstrual pain.
- Nigella Seed (Black Seed)
Although its name may vary, we all know it as 7abet el Baraka. This seed has many powerful healing properties and is very versatile when it comes to consumption. Nigella seeds contain fibers, minerals and essential fats, weather in its seed or oil form.
- Reduced fasting blood sugar – include two grams of black seed daily to help reduce fasting blood sugar levels as well as reduce insulin resistance.
- Nigella Seeds help the healing process for those who have a poor liver function.
- Nigella seeds have anti-cancer cancer properties
- Flax Seed
Flaxseeds, also known as linseeds, are the best natural source of omega-3 fatty acids. You can find them in their seed form, or as Flax Seed Oil, which also contains all it’s strong benefits.
- Great source of fiber
- Good for healthier hair, skin and nails. Adding 2 tablespoons of flax seeds or 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil to your daily routine will help you attain healthier hair, skin and nails.
- Promote digestive health
- High in antioxidants
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Very high soluble and insoluble fiber content – which can help support colon function.
For thousands of years, clove has been used both as a spice and for medicinal reasons. Clove contains a numerous amount of minerals such as, calcium, iron,
magnesium, and zinc, as well as vitamins such as vitamin C, B6, B12, A, E, D, and K.
- Natural anesthetic
- Anti-inflammatory – can be used to reduce inflammation
- Effective in reducing headaches
- Helps improve digestion
- Anti-bacterial properties
- Clove helps boost the immune system by developing and protecting it.
- Clove is frequently used for toothaches due its natural pain-killing properties.
One of the strongest-flavored spices, cardamom is used sometimes solely for it’s distinctive taste. It’s health benefits are an added bonus.
- Helps with digestion
- Helps prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms, especially coughs.
- Can help lower blood pressure
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties, especially in mouth and throat.
- Cardamom is used for ulcers and infections in the mouth
- Helps Type II diabetes patients by lowering levels of blood glucose
- Very high in antioxidants
- Anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties
- Sumac is mainly used to marinate chicken and fish, but can also be used in dressings and sprinkled on foods such as hummus and tahini.