3 Dessert Recipes That Will Make Your Skin Glow
Dessert and glowing skin; every girl’s dream. What if we told you that you could have dessert to make your skin glow? Yes, you read that right no tricks here just plain old (healthy obviously) desserts to make your skin clear and glowing!
Hazelnut Cocoa Bombs
The mixture of cacao and shredded coconut in these treats make them good for your skin. Cacao is rich in antioxidants that increases the bloods circulation and can result in an instant glow as the cells become super nourished! Combined with unsweetened shredded coconut, which is rich in cytokinins that are a natural anti-aging source, these bombs become a treat for your skin.
- ½ cup dates (pitted)
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut (half for mixture & half to roll balls into)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and mix for 2 minutes
- Roll mixture into 6 balls
- Immediately roll each ball in extra shredded coconut
- Store in refrigerator
Healthy Carrot Muffins
Carrots, the muffin’s main ingredient, are filled with beta-carotene which keeps skin functions normal and helps correct any skin conditions. The icing is also great for the skin as it includes avocados, which are loaded with essential fatty acids as well as vitamin E and antioxidants. All of which are great for keeping your skin healthy and hydrated.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture becomes smooth. Store in the refrigerator for at least a half hour, until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In another bowl, mix the honey, almond milk, and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix
- Add the carrot to the mixture
- Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes or until ready
- Once cupcakes are cool, add icing and Enjoy!
All the ingredients in this super easy treat help your skin stay fresh and glowing! Strawberries contain vitamin C which helps the production of collagen; that keeps the skin clear and firm. Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamin E which both help the skin stay smooth. Coconut oil is also great for keeping the skin fresh and glowing!
- 1 cup Strawberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate (minimum 70 percent cacao)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Add the coconut oil to the dark chocolate and melt
- Dip strawberry in dark chocolate and then immediately dip in chopped walnuts
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!