If you go on the internet right now and search the best health and wellness products, you’ll be lost in the sea of millions of overpriced products that cannot be even delivered to you. So, we have summed up the 5 best ‘DIY’s for you that would even have a bigger impact on your health than any product you buy. This way you’re sure of what exactly you’re putting in your body.
You can even grow some of their ingredients in your balcony or garden!
1.Cinnamon Lemon Detox tea
This is super simple to do at home and you can add the cinnamon and lemon to any type of tea because they go well with pretty much all of them!
You can also reuse your cinnamon stick because it usually takes them about 4-5 times to lose their flavor and health benefits, which are its antioxidants and high anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to cut the risk of heart disease.
As to lemons, they are known for their good source of Vitamin C and their improvement to the skin quality.
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 2 rounded tsp loose leaf or 2 sachets/bags of your favorite
- Tea (black, green, herbal cinnamon or ginger, etc.)
- 4 whole cloves
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- Lemon wheels for an extra lemony effect
- Brew your tea as per usual.
- Combining the spices and the other cup of water in a saucepan, bring them to a boil but lower the heat so that the mixture is just steeping.
- Add the lemon juice and cover it for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done, add the mixture to your brewed tea and enjoy the cleanse!!
2. Ginger Detox Tea (Skin-clearing Tea)
This tea is quick and easy. Ginger is known for its calming benefits and lemon is known for its cleansing, and mixing them both will definitely give you that glow you want for the summer!
Ginger evens the skin tone and improves elasticity and it even has anti-aging benefits because it removs the toxins and stimulates the circulation, resulting in the delivery of more nutrients to the skin!
Regardless of some people saying it is way too strong, it tastes great!
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp loose green tea
- 1 tsp honey
- Let the water boil, then add the lemon juice and ginger and let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes. Strain into a teacup.
- Pack a tea infuser with tea leaves; then place it in the hot water and let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Stir in honey.
- Enjoy the soothing tea while talking to the moon on a late summer night.
3. Turmeric and Apple Cider Vinegar Tea
Drinking turmeric tea is believed to bring about several benefits, it boosts immune function, helps prevent and treat cancer and protects against liver damage. It’s also a beverage you can drink every day!
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add each green tea bag in a drinking glass and pour the boiling water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder into each glass, follow by 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey. Stir to mix well and serve warm!
4. Watermelon and Cucumber (or Lemon) Detox Tea
The most refreshing drink to sip on a hot summer day. It’s no wonder that a tea without a long list of complicated ingredients is the one with the most benefits, right? This recipe is to cleanse the body’s circulatory and digestive systems with a purified, all-natural concoction. Watermelon is known for Nutrients and Beneficial Plant Compounds that may improve heart health.
- 1-2 liters of water
- part of 1 watermelon or one cucumber
- 1 lemon or lime
- a handful of fresh mint leaves (approximately 10-13)
- ice cubes.
- After slicing up a good amount of watermelon into cubes, put them in a pitcher or a jug. Cut the lime or the lemon and throw it in with the watermelon.
- After adding the mint leaves into the mixture, pour in the 2 liters of water until the very top. Leave it for a day in the fridge so that the flavors mix in together.
- Drink it the next day with ice cubes and enjoy the cleanse!
5. Parsley Tea with Mint and Lemon
Parsley acts as a natural diuretic and helps to relieve bloating and it’s used to fight kidney stones. The mixture flushes out toxins and detoxifies your body, strengthens your immune system and boosts your metabolism.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups of water
- Handful of mint leaves
- Lemon slices
- Bring water to a gentle boil and add the fresh parsley to the teapot with the water. Let it steep for 5 minutes then remove the leaves or leave them in (depending on how strong you want the flavor to be).
- Pour the tea into cups and add the lemon slices and serve it.
Drinking these detox teas is best after a cleansing session doing a relaxing workout routine, maybe yoga before sleep. Because, if you’re detoxifying your body, you can’t forget about cleansing your mind and soul as well. You might as well say it’s a package! Share this with your friends and meet up to cleanse your mind, body and soul.