Extra kitchen tips to help you master your way around the kitchen are always welcome. It’s easy to get stuck in our routines of how we’re used to doing things, without realizing there might be an easier, better way. Today we’re letting you in on some everyday kitchen hack secrets to save you time and bring a bit of joy to your cooking, not matter the occasion.
- To separate your eggs, crack them into your hands and open your fingers just enough to let the white fall.
- To cut soft cheeses and cakes smoothly without crumble, use unscented floss instead of a knife to cut through smoothly.
- To peel garlic, place the unpeeled cloves in a bowl, top with another bowl and shake for 15 seconds. The peel should come right off.
- To extract the most juice from your lemon, roll it on the kitchen counter before cutting and juicing.
- To revive stale bread, sprinkle your loaf with some water and place in a warm oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the loaf.
- To get a nice, even sear on your choice of protein, always cook items in a pre-heated pan and flip only once.
- To reduce onion tears, place your onions in the freezer for 15 minutes before cutting.
- To know if an avocado is ripe, don’t press on it. Simply check under the stem and if it’s green then the avocado is ripe, but if it’s brown then it passed its peak.