Exercising and sweating can give your skin that healthy glow we all wish we had. Think J.Lo’s naturally airbrushed skin, yes that’s the kind of glow we all wish we had! Sweating is the perfect way to detox your skin and help get that glow, but it can also be the perfect way to trigger breakouts. The sweat and dirt that accumulates during a workout can clog your pores and lead to blackheads and breakouts. Anything worth having, doesn’t come easy, so if you want a flawless glowing skin, here are a few things that you should be doing every single time you go out and break a sweat.
To help get the perfect glow, you’ll need to develop and follow a proper skincare regimen.
- As a rule of thumb, you should never ever workout with any makeup on. Before you start any workout, make sure to wash your face and remove any makeup you have on. When you sweat your pores open up, so the combination of oil and sweat can clog your pores and lead to blackheads and breakouts.
- If you’re working out outdoors, apply a layer of sunscreen to any skin that will be exposed to the sun.
- If you have any hair products on, tie your hair back away from your face to avoid the products dripping on your skin and clogging your pores.
- If you’re face or body will be exposed to any machine or equipment, be sure to wipe them down first to avoid any bacteria transferring onto your skin. An easy way to do this is to use antibacterial wipes on anything you will use.
It’s equally as important to take care of your skin post-workout, after your skin is dripping in sweat.
- Completely avoid wiping away sweat with your hands. Wipe your skin with a clean towel or tissues instead, to avoid transfer any dirt or bacteria from your hands.
- Take off your sweaty clothes. Having them on for too long post-workout can lead to body acne.
- Wash your face and body as soon as possible to remove sweat and dirt and avoid clogging your pores. Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face, and avoid being too aggressive.
- After you’ve washed your face, use a toner and then moisturize to replenish the water your skin lost during the workout.
- Make sure you drink water to keep your body hydrated during and post-workout. It’s important to be hydrated on the inside and outside!