Ramadan Detox Meal Plan
If you have tried every sweet and savory food variation on the planet and are feeling sick and bloated as the month of Ramadan comes to an end, then fear not, we know exactly how you feel and have a solution for you! This 7-day detox meal plan is the perfect way to end the month of fasting on a (nutritionally) high note, is sure to enhance the advantages of fasting on your body, and will set you on the right track for a healthy start to summer.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mixed spices (cumin, chilli, paprika, rosemary, curry powder)
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Rinse, drain, and dry chickpeas can.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and spices.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, and enjoy hot.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 lettuce head
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin rings
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1/4 cup black olives
- Whisk first 5 ingredients together until blended to make dressing.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing to salad.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini dip
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- Blend all ingredients together. If consistency is too thick, add some water until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve with vegetable slices of your choice.
Quinoa Salad (serves 4)
- 200 g quinoa
- 25 g parsley
- 25 g mint
- One pomegranate, seeded
- 100 g spring onions
- 75 g pine nuts
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water for 2-3 minutes to remove the natural butter outer coating. Put the quinoa and salt in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and cover with the carefully measured cold water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to very low, and cook for 12 minutes covered, or until the grain is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, keeping the lid on the pan and set aside to steam for a further 10 minutes to fluff up the quinoa.
- To make the dressing, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and honey in a bowl and season to taste.
- To serve, add the remaining ingredients to the warm quinoa and pour over the dressing. Mix well and season with freshly ground black pepper and a little more salt if necessary.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic, and mustard powder. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in minced fresh herbs if desired.
Potato, wedged and baked (minus the ranch dressing)
For a more customized nutrition plan based on your goals, needs, and preferences, you can contact our Nutritionist Donia Hilal at [email protected] to get your very own nutrition plan.