Good makeup results come from good preparation and the right routine. It’s important to remember it’s also not just about skin-eyes and lips are essential too! Here is a rundown of a foolproof beauty routine to get your skin perfectly prepped and make-up ready.
- Remove any undesired facial hair, especially on upper lip and around the eyebrows.
- Know your skin type! Is it oily, dry or combination?
- Check for any pimples or black heads to be treated. Tip: Use Visine on an unwanted pimples to reduce swelling and redness.
- Cleanse your face and remove any remaining makeup with your preferred cleanser.
- If you don’t have a facial steaming devices you can place a hot towel over the face to help with exfoliating.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! There are many good exfoliators on the market to choose from. You can also make a natural, homemade variation (recipe below) that suits your skin type and gives you a comparative result.
- Apply your preferred primer or moisturizer to allow makeup to blend well on your skin.
We love- Acne Spot Treatment by Murad, Clarins’ Pure Melt Cleansing Gel with Marula Oil and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.
- Red eyes make the perfect makeup looks bad. Apply a few drops of any anti redness eye drops before and after applying your make up.
- Apply primer.
- Using delicate, circular motions with a soft tooth brush remove any dead skin to smooth and soften lips.
- Apply a thin coat of Vaseline or any lip balm you prefer to moisturize.
At home scrub: Mix equal parts brown sugar and olive oil, and massage into the skin. Rinse with warm water.
Mask for sensitive skin : Mix oatmeal , yogurt and honey into a paste. Apply and leave on for no less than 20 minutes. Massage and rinse with warm water.