If you want to walk into a supermarket you can trust to have high quality food ingredients, Gourmet is your spot in Cairo. We believe in investing in our health, but that doesn’t mean you need to break the bank just because you want to buy good, quality foods. Although Gourmet has a reputation for being the most elite supermarket in town, there are ways of shopping there on a budget. Here are some money saving tips you can use to help you shop smart while maintaining quality:
- Make a shopping list and stick to it! Only buy what you actually need, not what appeals to the eye. Never go grocery shopping hungry.
- Keep an eye out for bulk buy offers. Sometimes buying food in bulk and freezing the rest can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Check local produce instead of automatically going for imported goods; they are often cheaper, fresher, and also organically grown.
- Choose seasonal fruit and vegetables. Whatever is in season will be cheaper simply because there is more of it. You can also plan ahead by freezing any ingredients you like to use year round while they are in season.
- Always be sure to check out Gourmet’s monthly sale.
Use our TDC shopping list for some inspiration on what we are currently loving from Gourmet, and for insight into their unique offerings.
|TDC Gourmet Shopping List|
|Fruit & Vegetables||Avocado
Organic Cherry Tomatoes
|Meat and Seafood||100% Pure Beef Burgers
Frozen Grilled Chicken Strips
Frozen Mussels and Oysters
|Dairy Alternatives||Almond Milk|
|Sweet Treats||Frozen Fruit Puree|
Maadi: 3 Badr Buildings, Katameya Ring Road, 50m off Carrefour, Maadi
Zamalek: 3 Brazil Street, Zamalek
Nasr City: Level 0, Phase 2, City Stars, Nasr City
Fifth Settlement: Bouri Center Road 17, Fifth Settlement
6th October: Gueizira Plaza Mall, Sheikh Zayed, 6th October