We can almost guarantee a healthier diet and lifestyle is on top of your New Year’s resolutions. While we don’t believe in quick fixes, jumpstarting your healthy eating habits with this 3-day detox program is a great place to begin your healthy lifestyle improvement.
The TDC 3 Day Detox is a great way to kick-start your metabolism and immune system and gives you a clear foundation of what a healthy, plant-based diet is like. Unfortunately there is no magic juice combination that will eliminate toxins from your body, the only way you can ‘cleanse’ your body in the long-term is by eating a healthy, balanced diet based on wholegrains, fresh fruit and veggies, nuts, and seeds!
(Recipes hyperlinked or marked * and included below)
Apple, pear & spinach juice*
|Dinner||Cleansing green soup*
Cobb Salad With Green Herby Avocado Dressing
1 apple with 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
|Breakfast||Berry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie|
|Dinner||Carrot and coriander soup*|
|Snack||1 cup grapes (try freezing for a refreshing snack)
|Breakfast||1 cup fuul with 1 tablespoon tahini and baladi bread|
|Lunch||1 cup sweet potato wedges*
½ cup roasted mushrooms
1 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons tahini dip
|Snack||Banana and kiwi smoothie*
1 cup strawberries
Additions and Tips
- Aim to drink at 2-3 litres of water per day; this will improve your skin, digestion, brain function and just about everything else too!
- Try to drink 2-3 cups of green tea per day to cleanse your digestive system. Try our minty iced green tea.
- Add some chia seeds to your smoothies and soups for an additional source of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Season your vegetables with spices and herbs and avoid using too much salt when flavouring your foods.
Banana and Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Combine all of the banana, kiwi, almond milk, and ice in a blender and whirl together until smooth. Serve in glasses immediately.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 potato, chopped
- 500g carrots, chopped
- ½ litre vegetable broth
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Heat the pan and add the oil then add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the ground coriander and potato, and cook for 1 min. Add the carrots and stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Tip into food processor with the coriander and blend until smooth (you may need to do this in two batches).
- Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.
- 1 can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red/yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas with onions, peppers, celery, garlic, red pepper flakes, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper together to make dressing. Add dressing to salad immediately before serving. Serves 2.
Cleansing Green Soup
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 200g spinach
- cannellini beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 3 teaspoon cumin
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place broccoli in a pan with garlic, and olive oil.
- Once the broccoli is tender, add the spinach and let it wilt.
- Add this mixture to a blender and combine with beans, lemon, cumin and fresh coriander.
- Blend until smooth, then heat and serve.
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
- ½ seedless cucumber
- ½ cup fresh pineapple or mango
- ½ large orange, peeled
- ½ lime, peeled
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- Chop the cucumber, pineapple, orange, and lime into chunks.
- Place the spinach in the blender jug first, followed by about half of the other ingredients and ½ cup of water.
- Secure the blender lid and start off blending at moderate speed, then gradually increase speed to high.
- Once the mixture is close to being fully pureed, add the remaining ingredients and continue to blend. Only add additional water if necessary.
- Consume within 8 hours for optimal freshness.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk OR water
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 medjool dates cut into small pieces
- A dash of cinnamon, optional
- Fresh fruit, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat until oats become soft.
- Serve with fresh fruit on top, if desired.
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder OR 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil or rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 230 C.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into shape of wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients. Mix well to coat.
- Add sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned. Serve immediately.