Congratulations on your new baby and becoming a mom! Becoming a mom is one of the most exciting (and confusing) times in a woman’s life. If you just gave birth, your wardrobe is probably the last thing that you are thinking of right now. What you’re actually thinking of are the baby’s wardrobe, feeding bottles, bibs, and burping towels.
You’re a new mom and you’re definitely witnessing your body change and shifts. We’ve got your back because we know how frustrating it is to not know where your body fits right now; you’re not pregnant anymore but you are also not back to your normal body shape. Standing in the middle of nowhere, you don’t want to wear your maternity clothes and you can’t fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes either! A few tips to help you style your way through this time of body image uncertainty are:
- Don’t get rid of your maternity clothes yet. Give your body sometime to recover and get back to its shape. It might take a year, but if you’re breastfeeding you’ll likely slim down faster.
- Feel good first! Choose comfortable clothes.
- Looks for dresses and tops with ruching and draping.
- Don’t try to fit into you pre-baby clothes, trust me you’ll end up in tears.
- Find a tailor. When you’re pregnant your rib cage expands and your breasts get bigger, so get a tailor to take few centimeters from the armpit of tops and dresses.
1. Postpartum Shapewear
2. Pants that Give
Yoga pants, leggings, slouchy pants and legging are your best friend in this phase. You’re maternity jeans might run big and your pre-baby denim are too tight or uncomfortable to fit in, so stick to stretchy pants or ones that give you room to breathe.
3. Nursing Bra
Make sure you invest in a nursing bra that doesn’t squeeze your breasts as this might interrupt your milk production and make you feel uncomfortable. Also look for a bra with cup flaps since the highest level of flexibility is crucial at this point.
4. Loose Tops
Loose tops are very comfortable and will help hide your belly. Airy and flowy tops are comfortable in all situations, whether you want to dress them up or down and especially in the usually warmer weather of Egypt.
5. Blazers and Jackets
6. Airy Dresses
Accessories make everything better. If you want to draw attention away from your belly go for statement necklaces, dangly earrings or scarves to brighten up your look. Also go for longer necklaces that end at the cleavage or lower to create an elongating illusion.