Do I have to get certified to become a successful makeup artist or can I make it when I am self-taught?
How much makeup do I need to start with as a makeup artist?
- Matt foundations are preferable for oily/combination skin
- Dewy foundations are idle for normal/ dry skin
Your makeup artist starter kit can look something like this:
- High-quality foundation shades
- Translucent powder
- Highlight palette
- Setting spray
- Concealer palette
- Lipstick Palette
- Contour Palette
- Brow products ( eyebrow pencil or pomade/brow mascara/ brow powder)
- Eye shadow Palettes ( neutral + color +shimmer)
- Eye primer
- Mascara (preferably waterproof)
- One makeup brush set
- Makeup sponges
How can I distinguish my self in such a competitive industry?
How do I put a price on my time, and not undercharge or overcharge my clients?
What are all the ways I can use makeup to make a living? ( makeup artist, working with models, photoshoots, giving personal makeup courses)
- Photoshoots for brands and models
- Bridal, engagement, prom and soiree makeup
- Personal makeup courses (for those wanting to learn how to apply their own makeup)
- Courses for other makeup artists
- Youtube tutorials (yes, you can make money from youtube videos)